Saturday, August 09, 2008

And life goes on

I got home late last night, past my bedtime late. With my mind still trying to process the shocking news about Carolyn, I was about alert enough to remember the code to turn off our alarm system. I turned on the laundry room lights to see the alarm system's buttons better. Just as I finished putting in the code I saw the puddle of water on the floor. It wasn't a large puddle but it wasn't supposed to be there. My first thought was that one of the input lines for the sink was linking. I grabbed a flashlight and checked. No leak. Was there water running outside that was going under the foundation. Nothing.

I decided to wipe up the water and worry about it in the morning. As I touched the "water" I realized that I had made a big assumption. It was oily or soapy. It definitely wasn't water. I opened the cupboard under the sink again and started pulling out bottle after bottle of bleach and other cleaning materials. Way at the back I found this:


You'll notice that the container looks like its being squeezed. I haven't found the leak but this all the earmarks of a small leak where the air can't get in as the liquid. Finally, outside air pressure begins to crush the container.

Mystery solved.

1 comment:

  1. That is weird, which is better than a "how am I going to fix that" or "now I have to fix that"...

    ReplyDelete