Friday, August 15, 2008

Post-op Progress Report 1

9:00 pm, August 15, 2008

I had hoped by now to be able to at least say where Carolyn will be spending the night and where she might be visited tomorrow. But Kaiser is having difficulty finding a room for her. So she remains resting in the recovery room where the care is excellent but visiting is difficult. She isn't in the best of condition for visiting but she's given it a valiant effort when Ed and I have visited her this afternoon. She'll feel a whole lot better when she can sip ice water instead of having her mouth swabbed to keep it wet.

Doctor Herr stopped by again late this afternoon to say that the biopsies from last week have been re-evaluated and may indicate an even better chance for complete cure than he had been thinking. Again, the biopsies from this morning will be needed to substantiate that.

Good night. We'll be posting updates until Carolyn has completely whipped this disease.

2 comments:

  1. You both are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do, please, please let me know. I love you both. You save my life. I only want the best for you both. I miss you both all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for the updates on Carolyn. She's a strong person and will be home soon. Meanwhile, take care of yourself, too, and we'll keep checking in with your reports as to her progress. We love you....

    ReplyDelete