Friday, August 01, 2008

Warming up to Grandpa

We had half our extended family here with us this past week. What an experience! One of the visitors was our next to the youngest grandchild Gavin who is about 14 months now. At first he didn't want to have anything to do with me, using the stiff arm defense whenever I got too close or his mother wanted me to hold him.

A couple days into the visit and he would at least look at me even if his defense now was squirming away from me or anyone who tried to hand him off to me.

Finally, at the last of the visit he accepted that I really was part of the family he could trust. While not running to me, he wouldn't detour around me and when plopped into my lap, he behaved as if were just a normal, everyday thing.

1 comment:

  1. Like I said before, we need a good big picture of you both so I can point to them and tell him who you are. :)

    ReplyDelete