Saturday, September 27, 2008

Carolyn hits the ceiling

When your wife asks you a simple question like, "What should we do about our bedroom ceiling?" there is no use in saying, "Nothing. I like it the way it is." By her asking the first question she is already serving notice that something WILL be done. Just accept the fact and help her where you can so your bedroom will be back to normal as soon as possible.

Our bedroom ceiling has a 2-inch decorative drop trim that, until recently, was painted and textured the same as the rest of the ceiling. I sort of liked it that way.

Carolyn, on the other hand, felt it needed to be colored to enhance the effect. She preferred a green to match the curtains while I suggested gold to match the ceiling fixture. To her credit Carolyn did try both colors as seen here. I was disappointed in the gold and Carolyn saw the green was far too dark.

Carolyn got some green paint in a shade about 3 times lighted with the result you see here. (You can click on the picture for a blown up version.) With the lighter shade of green we have a color that highlights the decorative trim but doesn't overwhelm the room.

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever get the feeling sometimes that when Mom is finally on her deathbed here in a few decades, she will want to repaint the dining room before she passes so it will look good for the wake? But I guess she figures she will be looking at the ceiling a lot in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EITHER THOSE CURTAINS GO OR I DO

    - Oscar Wilde

    I haven't managed to authenticate this quote this time, but I think I heard on NPR once that it is authentic but was not actually said on his deathbed, but a few weeks earlier.

    ReplyDelete