Saturday, September 20, 2008

Easy Steps - wasn't that easy

Earlier I have mentioned here that I am sort of apprenticing bookbinding and the first example my mentor showed me was a LDS hymnal that was pretty beat up. The next project was one that I had a major hand in completing. The book is Easy Steps for Little Children by Mrs. Annie R. White, copyright 1903. It consists of paraphrased stories of the bible. As a child I loved to hear the stories and later read them myself. The pictures were also vivid. I was a little surprised to find the book on our bookshelves. But wasn't surprised at its condition since it got a lot of use. But with a little bit of cloth, paper, and glue, it doesn't look half as bad as it used to.

Here are the results for you to see (before and after):

Front Cover












Spine











Inside Front Cover











Title Page










Page 11












It wasn't easy but it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment