Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Presidential Cookies - Clinton's chips


A couple of weeks ago, our neighbor rang our doorbell and presented us with a plate of cookies. "They're the kind the President gets!" he exclaimed and went on to describe how he had ajusted the baking time slightly to get just the right consistency. A little incredulous, I asked what he meant by "the President" and he chuckled as he assured me it was a recipe he got from the Internet. It was, in fact, the Today show website with the headline:

Presidential spouses’ favorite cookie recipes

All three of the featured recipes looked so good that I decided to try Hilary Clinton's recipe rather than Laura Bush's since I assumed my neighbor had done a proper job of following the recipe.

I can report that the cookes taste great although they could use more chocolate chips (what recipe can't?). The recipe is small - only 3 dozen cookies) but it is easy to double. I doubled and actually ended up with 7 dozen, all the better to munch down.

No comments:

Post a Comment