Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Dear

There are so many things I could say
A lifetime of love,
a lifetime of friendship
these are the sweet gifts
you've given me.
Some days I just look at you across the table
or coming through the door,
and I wish that I had words
beyond "I love you."
Words to show how much I cherish
all the ways you've made my life so full
Yes, I know we're beyond the need
for fancy words.

We're as comfortable together
and as right for each other
as two people can be.
So often we anticipate
each other's thoughts
and complete each other's sentences.

We know each other
as only two best friends
can or two true loves can.

Yet I still wish I could tell you
all the joy you make me feel
but that would take a lifelong love letter
You're my forever love,
my forever friend, and I'm forever grateful.

by Alarie Tennille


Happy 41st anniversary, Carolyn!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, 41 years! Congrats! I loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we make it so long and have such a wonderful marriage to be proud of. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Carolyn & Arnold. You guys are the best and have a beautiful marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both! I remember well driving down to Taylor, Arizona. First time I ever rode a horse! Also enjoyed the picnic Carolyn's dad and whoever cooked for everybody out there in nowhere.

    ReplyDelete