Monday, September 01, 2008

The waning days of summer

Often we've had so many possible parties and activities to go to on Labor Day that it seemed a little strange to have such a calm and relaxing Labor Day this year. In fact, I got up early and mowed the lawns thinking that I needed to get that out of the way before our otherwise busy schedule. I needn't have worried. I was also trying to beat the heat but I needn't have worried about that either as the temperature peaked in the low 80's.


We did receive an impromptu invitation to a friend and neighbor's barbecue and picnic just as we were trying to decide what to have for dinner. Good timing. We brought out own meat and a dish to share. There was plenty of food for all the oldsters...

and the young 'uns.


And we kept the plates small enough so that it looked like you had lots of food on your plate.


To cap off the evening we played Apples to Apples, a game which should probably be named Apples to Oranges. I assume the only reason it isn't is because someone else took the name. I think we had tried to play this before but were playing with too small a group and it just doesn't work that way.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun party. Must have been great to get your yard looking good and then mess someone else's up with a party. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete