Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting Day

When I consider what some people have to go through to vote, I really feel blessed. Our polling place is less than a block (1/10 mile) from our front door so we could easily walk over there. We chose to drive in case there was a long line. There was plenty of good parking, all of which was within 300 feet of the polls. Although all the booths were occupied when we arrived, by the time we signed in and got our ballots there were two empty booths. After we filled out our ballots, we fed them into the magic box which was supposed to signal if there were any stray marks or ambiguous markings. Both Carolyn's and my ballots were accepted without any problem. Mine was the 89th ballot entered today. Very pleasant experience.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke and I voted today as well. Total of 20 minutes total. Brooke announced to her teacher this morning, "I voted"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernell and I voted early last week. Glad we did. Nov. 4th was very cold and snowy.

    ReplyDelete