Saturday, November 22, 2008

When machines surprise & delight

Today, I'd like to tip my hat to Hewlett-Packard for making a machine that has truly surprised and delighted me. We have been using our HP 2605 dn color printer for the better part of a year and have had no problems with it. I've come to expect that from HP so that wasn't such a surprise even if it was a delight.

But a couple of days ago, I needed to print out a booklet of Christmas Songs which would require duplex (two-sided) printing. I was steeling myself for the ordeal of figuring out how to refeed the paper for the second pass through the printer. As I reached up to pull out the first printed page, the printer sucked it back in. When it came out the next time both sides were printed. That was a surprise and a delight. Imagine effortless duplex printing. Now I know why there are two sides to every piece of paper.
Tell about color printer doing duplex printing totally surprising us.

No comments:

Post a Comment