Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cookie Exchange

I think we've been to our share of parties, Christmas and otherwise, but I don't recall being invited to a Cookie Exchange party. It does involve a little more preparation than usual, at least for those who prefer to bake their own cookies.

Carolyn prepared two kinds of cookies:


Jelly Belly cookies and


Spritz cookies.
I had forgotten that she had picked up a power cookie press at a garage sale in the past couple of years. We hadn't used it until today.



Sampling & socializing

While everyone is arriving, we just sample some of the cookies and sit around enjoying the company.

Cookie table

There were still people arriving when I took this picture. By the time everyone was there, there wasn't a place at the table to set any more cookies. As we left we took a sample of all the cookies we were interested in. As long as you didn't take or eat any more than you brought, it should all work out. Carolyn, of course, brought almost twice as many as we ate and brought home. That way, there were extra cookies for those who left last.

I'm fairly tall at 6' 1 " but as we arrived I could help noticing that I was one of the smaller men in the crowd. Turns out Micki, the daughter of our hosts, invited several members from her club - the local tall people's club. Entrance requirements are 5' 10" for women and 6"2 for men. IOt was a good party even if I did have to strain my neck to talk with some of he guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment