Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tax Time

Well, actually it isn't tax time for everyone but it is time I started prodding the Treasurers from the Branch Friends of the Library since I will again have to prepare the 1099's for performers paid by the Branch Friends. I'm really excited about doing it this year because apparently the Library is going to take over that function starting tax year 2009.

I usually mail out the notices to the treasurers on January 2 after I have closed out December and prepared the quarterly dues share for each branch. Then I realized that I have the e-mail addresses of 24 of the 28 branch treasurers. I could get a good start just by notifying those 24.

The other tax time in my life is to buy Turbo Tax Deluxe and install it on my computer to begin planning cash flow. We had a rather large tax payment last April that caused us to have to shift money around. This year shouldn't be such a large payment because I've been paying estimated taxes during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment