Friday, December 19, 2008

Back to Physical Theraphy

I note that it is 1.5 years since I was first acquainted with Kaiser's Physical Therapy unit in our area. At that time the purpose for my PT visits were to reduce the pain I was experiencing in my lower back. I stopped going when I found that none of the exercises helped.


Now, I'm again visiting the PT department with the goal of regaining and maintaining flexibility in my activities of daily living. I still have back pains but they're so minimal in comparison with the feet and leg pains that I'm not even sure which is which.
Jeanine always has an interesting agenda of exercises which we're hoping will allow my muscles to gently stretch into place each day or when I need them. Jeannine has taught me how to do most of the exercises in our bedroom, utilizing the time I'm still waking up. The exercises are more to help me limber up than to strengthen my muscles. One that I really needed was the methods used to get up from the floor, from a chair, or out of bed. It almost becomes like a martial arts class learning how to make your body work with you rather than against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment