Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday chores

Isn't if funny how often we discover something serious just by accident! I was putting away our ladders two nights ago when I noticed the board underneath our water heater was soaking wet and water was beginning to drip down the side of the support. I quickly slipped a pie tin under the pipe that appeared to be leaking and proceeded to mop up all the standing water. When I went out a couple of hours later the board was drying up and the pie tin was filling up. That isolated the problem. So we picked up a connection pipe on the way home from the therapists yesterday. That became my Friday morning chore. I didn't want to do it on a weekend because if I messed it up calling a plumber would be more expensive.

I had to use a bigger pipe wrench than I expeccted. The other problem was that the two pipes I had to connect were almost in line. I would have been happier had they been offset a couple of inches. As it was I was really afraid of stripping the threads.

But in spite of all my worrries, I managed to get the new connector pipe on and with the water turned on, everything appears to be working and not leading.
My beautiful new twin pipes for the water heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment