Wednesday, December 31, 2008

To each his own

I'm sitting here reviewing the pictures Carolyn & I have taken this past year for the purpose of selecting those that relate to our ward and ward activities. We're still in charge of those - the next one being tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. This will be the 3rd Annual La Sierra Ward New Year's Pancake Breakfast and the second time we'll be in charge of it.

As I said, I'm pulling pictures from our collection because one of us is usually taking pictures at these ward events. However, there are a lot of ward activities that we don't get to - primarily the youth programs. So Carolyn asked Sister Harper to submit a sampling of pictures that she's taken of ward activities.

Looking at the two sets of pictures, you'd swear that we belonged to two different wards. There is virtually no overlap of events and very little overlap of people in the pictures. That got me to thinking about how each of us really does live in our own world. What I see and experience is not what you see and experience even if we're twins or a married couple who spend a great deal of time together. I think it's something I have to remember when I'm tempted to criticize.

On a more positive note, we only have 5.5 hours left of 2008! We're not planning to stay up until midnight so this will have to do as our Happy New Year greeting!! May the New Year bring you and yours even richer blessings than you enjoy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment