Sunday, December 28, 2008

Facebook - part 2

I'm still trying to figure out a place in my life for Facebook. Admittedly, with only 12 friends in my database to this point, I'm not what you would call a heavy user.
This is what is called a Friend Wheel which shows in this case all the persons who I am a "friend" with and how they are related to each other. Not surprisingly, aabout half the group know each other well and the other half are only involved with a limited number of connections. It is also the case that the average age of the non-connected points is significantly higher than the connected side.

Two people have contacted me sort of "out of the blue" and Facebook helped facilitate that. It's sort of like having a gigantic, fantastic, calling card that you can give to someone or point to it in your letter. This blog works in a similar way but without the uniform format it is more difficult to work with.

1 comment:

  1. I found your "Friend Wheel" quite interesting. Probably most of us would have one that looks similar due to our different kinds of activities, jobs, church, neighbors, etc.

    ReplyDelete