Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

After the Father's Day program in church this morning, the young women handed out chocolate chip cookies wrapped up so pretty as this picture shows.  Allthough I happily accepted the cookie and appreciate the thought, I appreciate Father's Day because of the chance, the reminder to think about all the wonderful blessings I have as a father.

This is a picture I took yesterday when Jake and Camdan were "helping Dad" mow grandpa's lawn.  I really appreciate Ed and the boys coming over to mow and edge our lawn and I'm sure Ed appreciates the boys "helping" by staying busy and out of the way.  Besides getting our lawn mowed, Carolyn and I get a good chance to see and be entertained by the boys.

I enjoy family who write or call me and those who send pictures or post blogs so I can see what is happening in their lives.  I am blessed with a ward choir that still lets me sing even if my voice does sometimes stop in the middle of a word in the middle or a sentence in the middle of a song.  I appreciate a wife who has enough confidence in my remaining computer skills that she gave me an iPod Touch for the day.  I'm hoping to use it to organize all our photos while also using it for the PDA applications that my phone just doesn't do.

I'm grateful for the fathers my sons have turned out to be and hope that they will feel they can still come to me for advice or just a listening ear as I always felt I could do with my father.  Thanks to all of you who made this a wonderful Father's Day for me!

1 comment:

  1. check out our icing on the cake...better late than never

    ReplyDelete