Saturday, June 12, 2010

Vacationing with a disability - day 8

Today I encountered something that a person with a disability should never encounter - outright violation of the ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act.  Today, we moved from our time share to Revabeth & Keith's timeshare and this is what I faced:

There are five steps from the handicap parking level to the front door and no ramp or accommodation to bridge the steps.  The handicap parking itself is several hundred feet from the front door which may be another violation.  Of course, I'm not going to be here long enough to follow up on any complaint nor do I wish to take precious vacation time to file a complaint.  I can make do.  And isn't that what every other person with a disability has done up until now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we need to send that David Johnson guy (the guy in California that is in a wheelchair and spends his day suing companies for ADA violations) on a nice long vacation.

    ReplyDelete