Monday, June 14, 2010

Vacationing with a disability - day 11

The last full day of vacation.  Soon I'll be able to "enjoy" my disability on my home turf and in my old set ways.  But for the next 24 hours.  I'll still have to deal with things that aren't that familiar and easy to handle.  And that's my commentary subject today - the time, energy, and delay involved with having a disability along with the group.

Later, I will try to dsicribe the zipline tour that our group participated in this afternoon while I sat in our condominium catching up on blog entries and random emails.  I couldn't go becaus of the distance reuired to walk between ziplines.  It's just as well because that gives me half a day to work on my stuff and be sure everything is packed.

In addition, I used the time to check out Safeway and Longs Drugs just across the street.  That is one feature we did not really have at the Marriott facility - the ability to walk across the street for groceries and goodies.  On the other hand, had t  I not had this disability we all would have been shopping across the street more this morning.


Another building straight across from our condo has a huge mural of whales on it and I just about made fun of it looking like Jack Weyland is in town.  Turns out it wasn't a joke at all.  Weyland had painted this mural just like he did for Long Beach.
Had I been paying more attention, we would have had this huge chocolate cake mark the passage of time but we really didn't expect it to last until the final day of our vacation.

Zipline tour:
Everyone is in agreement that this was the highlight of our vacation but words fail to describe the fun and excitement.  Of course, they may be saying that for my sake so I don't feel any worse than I already do.  They do agree that it would have been very difficult for me to get from one zip line to the next.  I will include several pictures to at least give you an idea of what scenery was seen and what gear was used in the adventure.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment