Monday, June 07, 2010

Vacationing with a disability - day 4

Fprtunately, most of the time I have dealt with my by simply making do with the equipment at hand.  For me that equipment on this trip has been a mobility scooter

and a rollator

We got this particular scooter since it comes apart in 4 simple pieces which can be lifted separately into and out  of the car.  But we have found that it is more expeditious for Carolyn and I together to lift the whole machine at once.

The thing is, I need both pieces of equipment in the car so I can pick which one would be appropriate - the rollator for short walks and crowded shops, the scooter for long walks and more roomy shops and attractions.

Today we did some shopping, eating, and picking up roommates.

The concierge had told us of some shopping centers that had a good variety of souvenirs (although all the souvenirs here are made in the Phillipines).  Carolyn bought souvenirs for all the grandkids as well as postcards for all of them.  Me, I bought a new straw hat.
The concierge had also mentioned a couple of "hole in the wall" lunch counters that were worth visiting.

It was probably more luck than skill that we found this place.  Note the sign on the front of the building.

It clearly says "Duane's Ono Char Burgers", right.


And finally, we picked up my sister Revebeth and her husband Keith at the airport.  I called them roommates because they are sharing our time share this week and because Revabeth and Carolyn were roommates in college.  But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment