Saturday, January 17, 2009

1099 time

It's that wonderful time of year when I have to convince 28 branch treasurers that I need a report from them more than they need some free time. The Friends of the Sacramento Library have to send out 1099 forms to jugglers, clowns, scientists and other people who perform at the various library branches (we have 28 of them) throughout the year. I give the treasurers 15 days from the end of the year which leaves me 15 days to consolidate the reports and create the 1099 forms. There are usually about 20 to 25 slips.

Fortunately, I can look forward to it as the last time I will be asking for these reports. The library has a new CFO who has decided that the Friends should make cash contributions to the Library so that the Library can hire the performers and pay them and prepare the 1099s at the end of the year. Yeeeeaaaayyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment