Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is it today yet?

I'm one of those people who need to know what time it is and what day it is all the time. Usually, I can be satisfied to know the time within a couple of hours unless I have an upcoming appointment. Then, I get really nervous if I don't know exactly what time it is and how long it takes to get to that appointment, and (if applicable) how long it will take to get ready for that appointment. I've tried intentionally to be late for meetings when protocol dictates that I should be the last one there but I can't do it. In such cases, I arrive early and declare the meeting in session when the appropriate time arrives.

Likewise, now that I'm retired I can usually get along with knowing what day of the week it is unless I'm paying bills or working on other paperwork. Then, I want to know what day it is and if possible what day next week will be, last week, and next month. Add to that compulsion the fact that I am cheap and don't want to buy my own calendar and you have my typical dilemma.

Fortunately, there are several resources on the web for printing your own calendar. They're easy enough to find assuming you want to cull through all the advertisements for photo calendars, commercial calendars, and software to produce calendars such as an organization might use to get the word out to members/employees.

My two favorite places are Calendar Home and Print Free. Both of them have monthly and yearly calendars of various formats including those with large boxes to write in information and those with large numbers large enough to see across the room. Print Free's site also includes greeting cards, business cards, and other handy forms. Calendar Home includes links to other types of calendars such as the Mayan or Chinese calendars, date calculators (what day of the week was the Declaration of Independence signed?), and even the link to order a Sarah Palin calendar!

If you have a favorite calendar site, please share it with us in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment