Monday, January 05, 2009

Proud of our 39-year old Eagle Scout

Often, when a boy reaches the rank of Eagle Scout there is a special meeting in which the badge is presented to him amid much to do and ceremonies. Also, quite often some ambitious soul will put together a Shadow Box display of all the new Eagle Scout's merit badges, ranks, and other recognitions. Somehow, in all the rush to get Edward properly honored we didn't get around to making this Shadowbox display.


(click on picture for enlarged version)

But while Carolyn was going through all our family pictures recently she came upon a bag full of scouting badges. She had collected everything for a shadowbox but hadn't put it together. This time she didn't wait. She bought a shadowbox frame and as soon as Edward came to visit she roped him into finishing this lovely display. It still needs his picture in the upper right hand corner then it will be done. (and only 22 years behind schedule).

Carolyn promises to help any of her other Eagle Scouts put together their shadowbox display if they can come up with the badges.

2 comments:

  1. I thinks it's great! I suspect my grandkids will be in their 20s before I complete a scrapbook....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the majority of my stuff while cleaning out some boxes so I can do one :)

    ReplyDelete