Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pinewood Derby time

Once again I am privileged to be a part of the Pinewood Derby if only as a supplier of tools necessary to saw, grind, rasp, and sand to the desired shape. This year both Jake and Tim have gotten it into their heads that they want their cars to be transformable into cell phones. Tim is looking at something like a flip phone ...



while Jake is going for the side flip T-Mobile model. (he wasn't that anxious to reveal all the details of his model).

There is one tiny hitch to the boys' plans - the official rules state that except for the wheels, there should be no moving parts on the car. The boys are trying to convince themselves that a good solid nail or screw in the right place will make any moving part immovable and could be removed after the race to "transform" into a phone.

Looks like we have another generation of engineers or dreamers. I don't know which.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing pictures of Jake!!! It reminds me of the last fam reunion when he got in trouble after going potty and in defiance announced "well I didn't wash my hands." so stinking funny!!

    ReplyDelete