Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hissy Fit - book review


"Hissy Fit" by Mary Kay Andrews is one of those books that is totally predictable and still totally enjoyable. Keeley Rae Murdock is still reeling from the disappointment of her life - finding her fiance "in flagrante delicto" with her best friend and maid of honor at the wedding rehearsal the day before the wedding - when she meets a handsome stranger who just happens to be in town and just happens to need her services as the region's best interior decorator. Of course, Andrews throws in enough curves that you start making the plot even more complicated than it needs to be but you "know" the ending by the second chapter and just keep wishing it to happen.

The details of fabric and design were too much for me but it's easy to skip those parts and get on with the story. Although the general tenor of the book is humor, there is a serious side as Keeley searches for her missing mother to unravel her own relationship "issues". Not a really deep book, but a fun one.

3 comments:

  1. I'm shocked!! No I'm not upset you are certainly welcome to read a bit of fluffy romance fiction, I've just never seen you DO so before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. What attracted you to the book? The title?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn has converted me! Anymore I rarely listen to the radio or a music CD when I'm driving and Meals on Wheels gives me at least 2 to 2.5 hours of driving time each week. Sometimes I'll read something on Carolyn's recommendation and other times I'll pull from the shelf (where the pickin's are sometime pretty slim. I really can't remember which this was but the title would definitely have been a factor. I judge all books by their cover.

    ReplyDelete