Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Watching grandchildren grow

One thing that our family in Sacramento has not done is be a burden on us. Lots of grandparents worry about having to tend their grandchildren so much that they feel abused. We, on the other hand, almost need to complain that we're not being used enough.

Today, I got to tend the boys for a couple of hours while their parents attended parent-teacher conferences. Then Carolyn helped Tim run through some of his homework. She's decided to tutor him on his reading. It's so much easier to take direction from a more distant relative than it is from mom or dad.

My tending the boys was made much easier by their father picking up a couple of activities from the 99 cent store. Not only was it easy to supervise them with something new and exciting, but I was able to get some delightful pictures in the process.

Here is Tim on my left coloring in his "Sun catcher",


while Jake on my right is cleaning his brush for the next color. Really delightful kids at this stage.

3 comments:

  1. So, do you want towatch my kids for the weekend? I'll just put them on a plane and you can pick them up at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are available as well, and Lee has been hinting that he and Staci could use a honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see how willing everyone is to share their kids with grandma and grandpa. But I'm talking 2 or 3 hours and I'm afraid you're thinking 2 to 3 days. I don't think grandpa can handle that long. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete