Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lunch time skateboarders

If I take in all the offerings of the Renaissance Society at Sac State, I have to either take or buy my lunch sometime around noon. The last couple of weeks I've taken my lunch so that I could eat outside on the Library Quad and enjoy the sights and sounds of the students.

This Friday I was treated to a show as this young may demonstrated again and again how he could make that skateboard fly. I've never been able to figure out how the rider can make the board jump two feet in the air when his feet are simply standing on the board. But as you can see in the following pictures, he makes the whole jump look effortless and ordinary.

Coming into the picture on your left.

Levitating with the skateboard in tow.

Rolling on the cement platform for about 10 feet.

Turning.


Dismounting.


And back on the ground again.

However, things did not always go as smoothly as he'd have liked. The kid usually caught himself and rarely went down like this. You'll notice, however, that he is wearing no protective gear at all.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever seen a skateboarder over 35? The lack of protective gear has got to have something to do with that.

    ReplyDelete