Wednesday, October 15, 2008

C-day plus 16

As promised, when we reached the 14th day after the chemotherapy Carolyn's hair began to fall out. However, it didn't quite fall out in the way it was described to us. We expected big clumps to fall out as she brushed her hair. It was more like 10 times as many stray hairs in her hairbrush than usual. Or she could run her hand through her hair and get a couple dozen strands.


That was okay for the first couple of days but it gets old fast. So tonight Carolyn asked me to give her the same trim job I have - a #1 clipper attachment buzz cut.


It was much harder than I expected because she had so many long, wavy strands. I had to make two or three passes just to get to the point where I could seriously give her a buzz.


And here you have the happy bald couple (I'm the one with the mustache). The main thing Carolyn noticed right away was how much colder it was without her head covered. She'll be wearing her hats, scarves, and wigs for more than just decoration and distraction..

3 comments:

  1. This is one of those "should I laugh or should I cry... well, I guess just do both!" moments, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even bald she's a pretty lady, isn't she??? Not too many women can say that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side you will not have to worry about dying you hair.

    I think we need another shot of her wearing one of the wigs, post hair cut.

    ReplyDelete