Sunday, October 19, 2008

Waffles

It's taken us a while to figure out a breakfast schedule with just the two of us and that schedule changed when I retired and again when Carolyn is off work .

We don't have waffles all that often so they can be a real treat, a time to get out all the jelly and jam in the fridge, and even go overboard a little. At least that's what Carolyn thought I was doing as I covered my waffle with a 2 inch blanket of instant whipped cream and freely drizzled chocolate syrup on the waffle AND over the whipped cream. Believe me, it was delicious.

4 comments:

  1. Waffles barely resemble a meal when served in the usual manner. Now they really resemble dessert. Reminds me of once at Woody and Wanda's when it was ice cream on the waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waffles are a meal when they are whole grain! And the only reason I don't give Mom and Dad high holy heck for this sort of eating is (paradoxically) their chronic health conditions - enjoy life while you can, and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awfully good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of chocolate on a waffle. But my family has enjoyed strawberries & whipped cream on waffles for dinner since I was a little girl. In fact, we fed it to the missionaries last month. I still have some whipped cream and I got some great raspberries at Costco--maybe I'll try those on waffles this week!

    ReplyDelete