Sunday, October 05, 2008

C-day plus 6

Carolyn told me yesterday that she thought she was getting "mouse doors". Naturally, I asked her, "What?" I knew she wanted to work on the front door of our house but "mouse doors"? After a couple more times I finally understood that she was saying mouth sores. She was finally getting mouth sores, a common side effect of chemotherapy. Those sores, a disrupted sleep pattern and irritable bowel syndrome are bothering Carolyn so far. Otherwise she continues to weather the effects of the chemotherapy in good spirits and relatively little impact on her life.

Two packages came in the mail this week to brighten up Carolyn's outlook as well as make a great fashion statement. The latest in knit cap fashions were made by the Brimley women - Jessica and Norda.


These first three hats were made by our daughter Jessica. Each one has something to set it off - such as a medallion,


a pair of fake flower buds,


or beads spread over the top of this tam.


Jessica's mother-in-law and our dear friend Norda Brimley sent Carolyn a cap for each day of the week of which these two are representative.

Carolyn can hardly wait for the weather to cool down enough to wear these.

3 comments:

  1. Cute hats. Love the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I can only take credit for the beads on the tam. But I did anticipate Mom would do something like the pins on the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Nancy - the red one is my favorite. How nice to have such talented women in the family!

    ReplyDelete