Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Computers are out to get me

Here you see my pda (vintage 2002) and my Timex watch (vintage 2003), two of the devices that were out to get me. I had just recharged the battery in the pda the day before. When I opened it to write a note to myself, it was blank, nothing on the screen, dead. I looked at the charge. Dead. Something I did or didn't do, discharged the battery overnight. All my programs and data were gone. About 80% is stored in backup storage.

I have never seen what happened to my watch. It stopped. The fact that it stopped on the 8th month of 2008 at 8:xx makes me wonder if it isn't a programmed stop like Y2K was feared to be. The display continues to show as does the backlight but the numbers don't move. Off to the repair shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment